Last week, our hospital was hosting a surprise party for a fellow colleague who just got married! To set this thing up, everyone decided to do a pot-luck. At first I was quite excited then I realized that my cooking is limited to Asian Cuisine and even so, I am a horrible cook. I quickly looked up desserts that were easy to make and impossible to screw up. Another thing is that I’m moving soon so I did not want to buy extra ingredients that I couldn’t use up. And so, my search narrowed down to chocolate dipped marshmallows. I just don’t know how it could go wrong so it became my recipe lol. I also had to make it look presentable…so keep scrolling down for the big surprise!
– 1 bag of medium/large size marshmallows (white)
– 1 jar of sprinkles
– 1 milk chocolate bar (brand does matter in this case)
– 24+ Skewers
1. Start by breaking your chocolate bar into chunks and place it in a small bowl.
2. Place a stand in a large pot and fill it with water to boil.
3. Once the water starts to boil, place your chocolate chunk bowl on top of the stand. Cover with a lid.
4. When you see the chocolate melting (probably 10-15 minutes after), be sure to stir occasionally.
5. Put a marshmallow on a skewer and dip just half of it into the melted chocolate.
6. Place the skewer into a bottle or tall glass in the sink.
7. Sprinkle with your toppings.
8. Repeat from 5-7 until you have the desired number of skewers.
9. Put everything in the refrigerator (overnight).
Feel free to put your completed skewers wherever, I found that my sprinkles dropped everywhere so I had to do it in the sink.
I used the vase that my boyfriend sent me flowers with LOL. I also filled it with fruit loops! Please ignore that bowl of rice haha.
Appearance is everything ladies and gents =D My colleague made the pink sugar cookies and she brought in the yellow plate. I managed to fly some cute blue ribbon, creative eh?