I tried making this without a blender and what a fail. You can actually do it without but you gotta have the right material to crush the carrots and potatoes. With the blender, life becomes 100x easier. Let’s look at the ingredients…
Approximate time to cook: 40-45 minutes
Level of difficulty: beginner
– 1/2 of an onion chopped (I usually use white onion)
– 5 carrots sliced (medium sized)
– 2 tablespoons of butter (margarine is fine too)
– 4 cups of chicken broth (you can also do 4 cups of water with 6-7 teaspoons of chicken stock…add more if needed)
– 1 cup of potatoes (1 small potato is good too)
– salt and pepper to taste (1-2 pinches of salt is good enough)
1. In a pot, add a bit of oil and stir your butter and onions together for 5 minutes.
2. Add in your potatoes, carrots, and chicken broth and wait until it boils.
3. Let it simmer (heat on low) for 25 minutes or until the veggies are softened.
4. Put into blender and set as “puree” for about 2 minutes.
5. You can either start serving or pour back into pot to re-heat.
Serving size: around 4 bowls
Generally, you will get a stronger flavour if you do all chicken broth but I actually ran out of that and substituted it with chicken stock. 6-7 teaspoons should be enough, but just taste it to see. It’s a pretty simple recipe and all the work goes into the preparations! Feel free to sprinkle some herbs on the top to raise the appearance level lols.