Even if you aren’t Asian, you would have made or eaten a bowl of fried rice. It’s simple to make and almost impossible to mess up!
If you are making enough for 2 meals…
1 cup of rice (cooked beforehand, should have been in the fridge overnight)
2-3 eggs (depending on the size, 3 for medium)
2 green onions chopped
1/2 an onion diced
1/2 cup of frozen vegetables (peas, corn, carrots)
seasoned minced pork or beef (I can’t tell you how much, but I usually take half of whatever is in the package lols)
3 drops of sesame oil (optional)
2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
So just as a warning, my measurements are rough estimates. I never actually measure how much stuff I use…it’s trial and error lol.
1. Take out your frozen veggies and thaw it out 3 hours in advance (may take longer). If it’s taking too long just boil the thing lols.
2. Lightly beat your eggs and add the 3 drops of sesame oil if desired. I used to not beat my eggs but I realize it gives an extra touch!
3. Heat oil in wok or pan, wait like 4 minutes.
4. Add in the beef and cook until it’s well done (takes like 7-10minutes). When the meat is starting to change colour, add in the diced onion and frozen veggies (stir fry for another 3-4 minutes)
5. Add in the rice (toss for another 3 minutes).
6. Add in the light soy sauce (mix for 2 minutes).
7. Slowly add the mixed egg content around the pan and quickly use your spatula to stir everything together (another 2 minutes).
– It’s crucial that you have cold rice, so make sure you make it the day night before
– How much soy sauce you add can be modified, feel free to increase it!
– Seasoning the beef is quite important, I tried using bulgogi sauce (Korean) and they taste pretty good
– Don’t be afraid to try crazy things~